The International Student Department (ISD) is the focal point for all international enquiries. Assisting international students adapt to Malaysia is our utmost priority. Our key services include:
- Enrolment Information for International Students
- Visa and Immigration advisory assistance (Student Pass applications and extensions)
- Airport Pick-ups for new students
- Welfare (health insurance, counselling, crisis assistance etc.)
- International Student Orientation and briefing
- Issuance of Documents needed (Banks, Embassies etc.)
- Issuance of the following Letters – Offer, Deferment , Transfer, Withdrawal and Completion
The Welfare unit provides the following services:
- Airport Arrivals, Immigration Clearance (for new students only)
- Student welfare and crisis cases
- 24-hour hotline assistance
- Hospital visitations
- Health Insurance, Claims assistance
- Reference letters, certification (for banks embassies, etc.)
- Student pass & visa advice and assistance
- iCOOP College International Student Ambassadors (iCISA)
Information on university placement is also provided for those on the progession to Bachelor’s degree with BTEC qualification; and with other local and overseras universities.
The office provides advice and assistance to prospective and current student. The office also offers studying abroad advice to all students.
In ISD, assisting international students to adapt into the environment and enjoy their stay in Malaysia throughout is our upmost priority. Our friendly staffs in the department are gladly to assist you in all your enquiries. Even if we are unable to assist, we will ensure that you are referred to the relevant department to get your queries answered.
This intranet contains comprehensive information for your need. However, if what you are looking for is not listed, drop by our office located in the student centre to meet one of our friendly staff.
- Student Pass Information
Student requests for Student Pass Extension Form from ISD to be filled. Approvals from the respective School must be obtained. Three (3) documents are needed –
(i) previous semester academic progress report;
(ii) current semester academic progress report and
(iii) attendance report. Attendance must be at least 85% for each subject as per Immigration Dept requirements for extensions.
Documents will be checked by ISD staff before Payment Advice can be issued. Student pays the visa fee charge at the Finance Dept. (Visa fees imposed by Immigration Dept. vary according to country) All Visa Charges to be made in cash term only.
Student submits passport to ISD to be sent to the Immigration Dept. The process will take between 4-8 weeks. Students are advised not to make any travel arrangements until their Student Pass extensions are completed and passports are returned.
- Completion of Studies
- International Relations
- University Placement
- Notice Board