iCOOP College will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) with Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) in Malaysia. This process may require approximately 6-8 weeks (1-2 months).
Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is a one-stop centre established by the Malaysia Ministry of Education (MOE) to manage and administer the student pass of all international students.
- Visa Approval Letter (VAL)
- You will be notified by iCOOP College upon receiving the Visa Approval Letter from the Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS). iCOOP College will email and courier the Visa Approval Letter to you.
- Single Entry Visa (SEV) for those Require Countries
- Students from Single Entry Visa (SEV) required countries are responsible to bring the original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) together with passport to the nearest Malaysia Embassy/Consulate to obtain a single entry permit prior to entering Malaysia to Avoid a fine or being turned back at the airport.
- We provide airport pick-up service for new international students commencing their studies with iCOOP. Kindly request for this service at least 5 days before your arrival in Malaysia, using the link below:
Airport Pick-up Request
Upon submission of the Airport Pick-up service request, you will receive a confirmation email with details on the arrival procedures and documents required for immigration clearance.
This pick-up service is only available at:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2)
- Checklist Before Departure
- It is not advisable to carrying large amounts of cash due to risk of theft or loss. Never put cash into checked-in luggage. A credit card will be handy. Larger amount of money can be brought into Malaysia in Travel Cheques. Make sure you have a sufficient amount to cover the first 3 months of your living expenses (approximately USD500 per month excluding accommodation). Before the departure, please be sure to bring along the following important documents:
Documents to bring:
- Four (4) passport size photograph
- Two (2) sets of academic certificates and must be recognised by your own country Ministry of Education (MOE) & equivalent to O Level onwards.
- Two (2) copy of ALL pages of passport.
- Non-objection Certificate (NOC) or Letter or Eligibility (LOE) will only be required for student from Sudan and Iran.
- Pre-arrival Medical Screening (Except for Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & India)
Students are advised to keep clear photocopies of important documents (e.g. Letter of Acceptance, academic transcripts, qualifications, receipts, passport, ID cards, etc.).
Important personal items to pack:
- Personal items and toiletries
- Bed linen (sheet and pillow case) - 1 set
- Bath towel
- Adapter plugs (220 - 240 volts/50 cycle AC system.)
- Basic Stationery
- Comfortable light clothing (Malaysia is a tropical country)
Please fill in the Disembarkation Card (Arrival Card), which will be provided by the airline crew or obtainable at the arrival hall. Upon arrival at the airport, you are required to proceed to the Immigration Check Point and show your Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to the Immigration Officer.
Completion or submission of relevant forms:
- Submission of your original academic results and certificates to the Admissions Office if applicable
- Submission of signed LOA (Letter of Acceptance) to the Admissions Office if applicable
- Medical Health Screening (within three (3) days upon arrival)
- Other matters
- Payment of any outstanding fees
- Opening bank account
- Changing currency
Students are given seven (7) days to settle such matters after which they must hand in passports to International Office for endorsement at the Immigration Department. Students are advised not to make travel plans out of Malaysia during this time.
Failure to hand in passports for endorsement may result in students overstaying their current visit passes or be classified as illegal immigrants by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
All new international students are strongly encouraged to attend the university orientation. In the orientation, you will be provided valuable information of studying in the university and also living in Malaysia. You will also get to meet with many new friends from many countries.